SeaKing ROV/AUV Sidescan Sonar
- 4,000 metre standard depth rating
- Extremely cost effective
- Low power and data rates – ideally suited for AUV survey
- Compatible with SeaKing product family
- Deep survey where towfish sidescan cannot be easily deployed or tracked
- Coastal surveys
- Military mine counter measures
- Salvage operations & treasure hunting
- Pipeline and route surveys
- River, harbour and canal surveys
The SeaKing ROV/AUV Mounted Sidescan Sonar System is an extremely compact and cost effective high definition sidescan sonar designed for a wide range of seabed survey and inspection duties.
In common with all Tritech sonars, the SeaKing sidescan may be connected to a SeaKing SCU surface control unit, or most PC’s. In addition to the display of sidescan data, the system will take position input from DGPS. This information is recorded with the sonar data to allow a “fix” of a target. The customer’s own bit map chart may be displayed in a window on the same screen as the sonar data, with an updating sonar position display.
The unit is supplied as two separate transducers and an electronics module suitable for integration into most ROVs and AUVs. The SeaKing communications protocol allows it to be operated with other Tritech SeaKing underwater sensors, such as scanning sonars, profilers and bathymetry systems over a single communications link.