SeaKing DFP Dual Frequency Profiling Sonar.
- Offers users not one but two mechanically scanned profiling sonars in a single subsea pressure housing
- 0.58MHz profiler for use in water containing suspended particles or when longer range profiling is required
- 1.2MHz profiler for shorter range work or for use in clearer water
- Scan rate of up to 180o per second depending on the range and the selected resolution
- Cross sectional profiling of subsea trenches and pipelines
- Cross sectional profiling of rivers, canals and harbours
- Inspection of dams and hydro-electric inlets and outlets
- Inspection of drains, culverts and sewers
- Precision positioning of mattresses over pipelines
- Precision positioning of rock-dumping systems over pipelines
- Underwater surveying of road and rail bridge foundations
- Nuclear storage tanks survey
The advanced Tritech SeaKing suite of subsea sensors comprises a range of fully integrated acoustic and oceanographic sensors designed to satisfy the requirements of an evermore demanding ROV and survey market.
Included in this advanced product range is the SeaKing Dual Frequency Profiling Sonar Head, the DFP.
All products in the SeaKing family of professional acoustic and oceanographic sensors can be run simultaneously on one communications link, using the same processor and the same display. The potential savings in terms of processors, monitors and VCRs are considerable.
All SeaKing products may be controlled from the Tritech SeaKing Surface Control Unit (SCU) processor. The SeaKing SCU is a rugged surface processor designed for use in harsh offshore environments. The SCU features the RAT – Remote Access Terminal – an ergonomically designed and detachable control panel which allows a full suite of sonar and survey sensors to be controlled from a single hand held control unit. The RAT allows the main processor to be mounted in a protected position. In the cluttered control cabins where this equipment is typically used, the attractions of a single, compact, controller for most of the sensory packages coupled to a single monitor are quite significant.
|Operating frequency||580 kHz & 1.2 MHz|
|Beamwidth||3° Conical [580 kHz]|
|Beamwidth||1.4° Conical[1.2 MHz]|
|Maximum range||50 m [580 kHz]|
|Maximum range||30 m [1.2 MHz]|
|Minimum range||0.3 m|
|Timing resolution||1 mm|
|Source level||210 dB re 1uPA @ 1 m|
|Pulse length||20 – 300 microsec|
|System bandwidth||12 kHz|
|Scan modes||Combinations of speed and resolution available|
|Mechanical step sizes||0.45°,0.9°, 1.35° & 1.8°|
|Scanned sector||Variable to 360°|
|Continuous 360° mode available||Yes|
|Sector offset mode available||Yes|
|Range Selection||1 to 50 m|
|Gain||Full manual and auto controls|
|Scanned Sector||Fully variable in direction and width to 360°|
|Resolution Selection||0.45° to 1.8° steps|
|Head Position and Rotation Offsets||To 1 mm / 0.09° resolution|
|Lockout Control Frequency Switch Trigger Mode||Continuous or Manual|
|Overall maximum diameter||110 mm|
|Maximum length||259 mm|
|Weight in air||3.0 kg|
|Weight in water||1.4 kg|
|Maximum operational depth||4,000 m|
|Materials||Aluminium alloy-HE30, RPU|
|Finish||Hard anodised black|
|Standard connector||Tritech 6 pin with water-block|
|Connector options||Various upon request|
|Operating temperature||-10°C to +35°C|
|Storage temperature||-20°C to +50°C|
|Power requirements||18 to 36 VDC @ 10VA|
|Optional power supplies||9 to 18 VDC and 36 to 72 VDC @ 10VA10|
|Data communication rate||156 kBits/sec|
|Communication requirements||Twisted pair, modem or coax|
Surface Controls and Displays (SeaKing SCU or PC kit)
|Display||SVGA up to 1280 x 1024 x 256|
- Support for single, dual and quadruple head operations.
- Support for all other Tritech sensors – sonar, bathymetric and sidescan.
- Time stamped data logging and replay to hard disk.
- Interface to Tritech pipetrackers, to display and record data.
- Support for up to three remote RS232 channels for survey data.
- Full remote control and data logging via SK-V4 protocol.